Introducing Fare Capping through Token Transit!
You’ll never pay more than a day pass in a day or more than a month pass in a month.
Pay as you go, and only pay for the trips you actually take!
Get the savings of a pass, without the upfront cost.
Once you reach the cost of a month pass, you ride FREE until the next month!
When you use the Token Transit app, instead of buying passes in advance, you earn them as you go. Pay for two trips in one day with Token Transit and you’ll earn a day pass (ride free the rest of the day). Once you reach the cost of a month pass, you can ride free for the rest of the month (when you pay with Token Transit).
✔️ Always get the best fare
✔️ No upfront costs
✔️ Savings for frequent riders
✔️ Pay only for the trips you take
Fares haven’t changed, and you can still transfer for free while your ticket or pass is valid.
How does it work?
Earning a Day Pass:
Pay for two trips in one day through Token Transit and you’ll automatically earn a day pass (you can ride free the rest of the day). Here’s an example:
- Brian takes the bus to school in the morning, then rides to his job in the afternoon.
- He uses the Adult fare, so that’s two trips at $1.50 each.
- When he pays for his second trip, he earns a day pass. He can ride free for the rest of the day.
Earning a Month Pass:
Once you’ve paid the equivalent of a month pass in a calendar month, you can ride free for the rest of the month. Here’s an example:
- Julia uses the bus to get to and from work every weekday and to go shopping on the weekend.
- She uses the Adult fare, so she pays $1.50 each way.
- After just 12 days, she’s spent $18 and she automatically earns a month pass. The rest of her rides are free for the month!