Learn how to ride the bus with our FREE travel training service! We’ll ride with you, offering a personalized learning experience for your individual needs. Riding the bus can bring increased independence, a more active lifestyle, and enhanced quality of life. Let us show you how!
Who is Eligible?
Travel training is for anyone who is unfamiliar with public transportation but wishes to travel. Any person or group who needs help in using either Fixed Route or Paratransit service is eligible for this service.
What Can I Expect from Travel Training?
Travel training is designed to do the following through hands on training:
- Plan trips to various destinations
- Learn to read and understand route maps and schedules
- Demonstrate how to get to and from your bus stop
- Learn how to pay fares and purchase tickets and passes
- Learn how to get on and off the bus safely
- Learn to use the lift and/or kneeler to board buses with a mobility device
- Locate and transfer to other buses at Transfer Center
- Travel safely, independently, and confidently while riding the bus
How Do I Get Started?
Contact rabbittransit at 1-800-632-9063 and request travel training.
Each passenger’s needs and abilities are different, so training techniques will vary with each individual. A travel trainer will contact you via telephone to determine your needs with you and assist in determining your travel goals.