rabbittransit participates in the nationwide Transit Watch effort to ensure the security of our public transportation network. The campaign is designed to encourage the active participation of transit passengers and employees in working together to maintain a transit-safe environment.
Be Informed And Have A Transit Plan Of Action
- Remain calm and listen to bus announcements
- Follow authority instructions in a speedy but orderly fashion
- Do not block bus doors from closing
- Assist fellow passengers and follow the Golden Rule:
“Watch out for the safety of others just as you would have them watch out for our safety”
Be On The Alert For Suspicious…
PACKAGES. If you spot an unattended package, look for the following:
- Placement in an out-of-the-way location
- Individuals in the act of abandoning the package and hastily departing the area
- Unusual attached batteries, wires, tanks, bottles, or bags that may contain chemicals
- An attached message
- A suspicious cloud, gas, vapor, odor, or seeping fluid
- Nearby individuals showing signs of illness or distress
BEHAVIOR. If you spot any suspicious individuals engaged in questionable activity, look for the following:
- Visible signs of nervousness
- Excessive sweating
- Sprayer bottles or aerosol canisters
- Inappropriate clothing that is excessively baggy or too heavy in warm weather
RECOMMENDED COURSE OF ACTION:
- Do not confront suspicious individuals. Contact a transit employee or the police immediately.
- In the event of suspicious package, do not use a cellular phone until you are a safe distance away.
Be Involved In A Lifesaving Partnership: Transit Employees And Passengers
As a resource, transit employees provide a wealth of specialized knowledge and on-the-job experience. Likewise, transit passengers contribute to the security equation by providing thousands of extra eyes and ears capable of identifying possible life-threatening situations.
When transit employees and transit passengers pool these resources, the result is a highly effective first line of defense against a potential natural or man-made disaster. So, please make a commitment to becoming an alert, informed, prepared, and involved member of this employee-passenger partnership.
Rest assured, your efforts will go a long way toward enhancing the safety and security of our transit system.