In partnership with the Columbia County Veterans’ Affairs Office, rabbittransit offers service to the Wilkes-Barre VA Hospital with connecting service through Alley Medical Center.
- Service offered Wednedays and Thursdays.
- 5:30AM Depart 61 Tyler Avenue
6:00AM Depart Riverview Point Apartments
6:15AM Depart 1008 Columbia Boulevard
7:00AM Arrive Alley Medical Center
7:45AM-8:00AM Arrive Wilkes Barre VA Medical Center
- Shuttle departs Wilkes-Barre VA Medical Center at 12:30PM. Drop-off at Alley Medical Center at 1:30PM.
- Reservations must be made by noon the day before (Tuesday, for Wednesday appointments).
- Veterans can call 1-800-632-9063 to schedule a trip (press option #4), or, if they are already registered in our system, book a reservation online at www.FindMyRidePA.com using their Shared Ride ID.
- Escorts are permitted and all vehicles are ADA accessible.
- This transportation is offered at NO COST to Veterans of Columbia county and Montour county.
- Veterans are encouraged to complete a basic application for Shared Ride service, which aids in supplementing additional rider transportation options such as local medical, pharmacy, socialization, or grocery trips while also allowing more Veterans the opportunity to ride.
- While the service is offered at no cost to the Veteran, donations toward operating costs are accepted to increase transportation options for more Veterans
- Download the application today and mail to rabbittransit, 415 Zarfoss Drive, York, PA 17404