All Paratransit trips require an advance reservation. All reservations must be made by 12:00PM the business day before your appointment; however, you may request a reservation as far ahead as two weeks. You must call with your requests by 12:00PM on Friday for trips on Saturday, Sunday or Monday.
You can also book your Shared Ride trips online through the FindMyRidePA website. To get started, visit www.FindMyRidePA.com.
Note: There is an exception for trips of the ADA Complementary Paratransit Program, which can be scheduled the day before your trip during regular business hours of 7:00AM – 5:00PM, Monday – Friday. Saturday 7:15 to 3:45 pm, Sunday and holidays can be made via an automated phone system.
What number do I call to make a reservation?
To schedule a reservation for transportation, call the rabbittransit Call Center at 1-800-632-9063.
The Call Center is open between 7:00AM and 7:00PM, Monday through Friday, and between 7:45AM and 3:00PM on Saturday.
You must speak with a person; requests for trips left on the voicemail will not be accepted. We suggest avoiding Mondays from 7:00AM-9:00AM, which is a peak call time.
What information do I need to schedule a trip?
- Your Client ID number or name. If you are making a trip for someone else, please give his or her Client ID number or name.
- The appointment time. Note: See Travel Guidelines concerning appointment times.
- The exact address for the trip that you are requesting.
- The name of the doctor or facility for the trip that you are requesting.
- Any mobility device that you require.
- If you need a personal care assistant (previously referred to as escorts). Must be pre-approved by rabbittransit during application process.
- Notes about special entrances to your building (i.e. Apartment located at back entrance etc.).
Passengers are responsible for notifying rabbittransit of any address or phone number changes by 12:00PM the business day before the trip.
How much will I pay?
Different programs have different co-pays. Co-pays range in amounts because each passenger utilizes different funding sources. Please see Shared Ride Fares for detailed Fare Charts pertaining to funding sources and trip purposes. A rabbittransit Call Center representative will confirm the cost of your co-pay for the specific trip you are booking at the time of reservation.
Will someone other than rabbittransit pick me up?
rabbittransit utilizes subcontractors to provide transportation. This means a passenger may be picked up by different providers in different types of vehicles (i.e. taxi cab, mini-van, van, bus, etc…). Not all vehicles will include a rabbittransit logo or signage, but a transportation company name should appear on the vehicle.