The Rules for Riding the Bus:
- Please do not eat, drink or smoke on the bus. The use of e-cigarettes is prohibited.
- Please do not litter on or off the bus. Many bus stop areas are on private property and could be removed.
- Be courteous. Seats next to the doors are reserved for senior citizens and riders with disabilities.
- Please give your seat to someone who needs it more than you.
- Service animals as defined by the ADA are permitted on all rabbittransit vehicles. The ADA applies to service animals who have been trained to perform specific work or tasks for persons with disabilities. Pets and companion animals must travel in carriers.
- Everyone must be behind the white line before the bus can leave its stop.
- Please do not lean against the bus doors.
- Aisles must be kept clear of strollers, carts, packages, etc.
- Please attend to children while on the bus.
- Please do not disturb or harass other passengers. Loud and disruptive riders will be asked to get off the bus.
- Conversations on cellular devices should not distract the driver or other passengers.
- Please enjoy audio or video devices with headphones.
- Please refrain from cursing and using profanity.
- Please dress appropriately including wearing shirts and shoes.
Please follow these tips to make your ride as safe and enjoyable as possible.
For the full Code of Conduct Policy, click here:
- Weapons of any kind
- Archery equipment (including, but not limited to, bows, arrows, and other supplies)
- Corrosive or dangerous chemicals or materials (including, but not limited to, Car batteries, tear gas, bleach, radioactive and bacterial materials)
- Electronic control devices (including, but not limited to, stun guns and TASER guns)
- Explosive devices (including, but not limited to, fireworks)
- Incendiary materials (including, but not limited to, flammable gases and liquids, as well as torches, lanterns and gasoline-powered bicycles)
- Martial arts and other self-defense items (including, but not limited to, billy clubs, nightsticks, and nunchuks)
- Sharp objects (including, but not limited to, axes, ice picks, knives, spears, swords, scissors, box cutters, razors, and spikes)
- Toy or replica firearms of any type
- Any item that is intended to be, or may be interpreted as, a facsimile or reproduction of any item on this list
- Any item that, in the exclusive discretion of SRTA personnel, has or may have a tendency to create a fear of imminent bodily harm on the part of another (which may include, but is not limited to, items such as riot gear, metal helmets, ski masks/facemasks, and similar items)